Amazon Alexa is currently the #1 smart assistant in the world. It is also integrated with Alexa Dot and Echo – Amazon’s smart assistant device for the home. However, Amazon Alexa has only a a limited set of supported Skills. Further, because it hard to remember the specific command syntax, users only re-use about 3% of Alexa’s skills. Discovering new skills is difficult.
There are many actions that Alexa currently does not perform optimally for you:
- “Show my boarding pass” (You want to pull up your boarding pass in your airline app when you are in the security line at the airport)
- “I need a haircut” (You want to check in to your favorite salon)
- “How far can I drive?” (You want to see how many miles are on your Chevy Volt in the OnStar app)
We integrated the Q Actions Android app with Amazon Alexa. Now you can talk to Amazon Alexa and execute actions instantly in your favorite apps on your mobile device. You can do this on Amazon Alexa on your phone or on Alexa Echo device.
The first step is to install the Q Actions skill and open Q Actions with the command – “Talk to Q Actions” (Link to Alexa Skill)
Now you can talk natively to Q Actions voice application, for example:
- “Play narcos” -> will open the Netflix app and start playing the TV show
- “I’d like to board” -> will open the United Airlines app and take you right to your boarding pass
- “Show Tesla stock” -> will open the ETrade app and show you a real-time stock quote for Tesla
- “Show my photo albums” -> will allow you to choose between Flickr and Google Photos apps (if you have both apps) and will show your albums
It’s easy and convenient to use Q Actions with Amazon Alexa. Simply say what you want to do. You don’t need to learn a specific syntax; you can speak naturally. Further, Q personalizes actions based on the apps installed on your device. If you have two apps that are a match you will get an option to choose, using voice. In the future the system will learn your preferences and execute the best action for you.
We would love your feedback on your experience with using Q Actions with Amazon Alexa. We are in the process of adding more features, so stay tuned!